CMSA & Softball AB - COVID19 UPDATE
Good Afternoon Districts,Follow up from May 20th email
There are no softball activities (games, camps or practices) to take place until at least June 1 as stated by Softball Alberta. It is very likely this date may be extended until the Return To Play Guidelines, put together by the Softball Alberta relaunch committee, which will be sent to the Alberta Government and Alberta Health Services for Approval. When approval is granted, the same information will then be sent to the City of Calgary for their approval. There will be sterilization protocols, new guidelines and rules that will need to followed and adhered to, a Pre Activity Screening Form will be in place for each activity/occurrence. In other words it will not be as simple as just returning to play, it will be far from normal.
Yes, the City of Calgary has stated that by June 1, our diamond permits will be effect, if we want them, however:
- * NOBODY (Softball Organizations) is permitted on the diamonds as per Softball Alberta
- NO GAMES are permitted to be played at this time
- NOBODY is covered by insurance – there is NO insurance at this time
- A Waiver needs to be in place for each player
- As an organization keep your teams off the diamonds until permission is granted
- Live “on-line” drills – don’t do any – there is no insurance coverage for this. This is classified as a softball activity and you could be held liable if an injury occurs. *
We have coaches, teams and parents asking the Districts, Calgary Minor and Softball Alberta if they can organize games and full team practices etc. – the answer is no!
Before anyone can be on the field, all coaches and players must be registered through Calgary Minor Softball as per normal before any activities can take place. This process will be as per normal and Calgary Minor will register all players/coaches with Softball Alberta. There will be more information in regards to this going forward.
It is encouraged for the Districts to pay the $150.00 Affiliation fee to Softball Alberta so that your boards are covered by insurance.